Thursday, June 10, 2004

Liquid Gold

I had no idea that cartridge ink was as expensive as the article brought out when compared to other items considered to be very expensive. As a total cost, I knew cartridge ink was an important part of my classroom budget, but I had never determined the cost per ml.

The article also mentioned the monopoly that printer companies hold on the ink, and how Epson installed a chip to stop the printer before the ink cartridge was empty. Normally, I'm against government stepping into the corporate world to solve problems, but if the companies continue to take advantage of the consumer by overcharging for ink; perhaps their does need to be some intervention. Actually, I'm shocked that there hasn't all ready been something done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home